Building and Scaling High Performance Teams at Startup Grind
Jeff Jordan, Andreessen Horowitz
Anu Hariharan, Y Combinator
1. Investing in people, not only ideas.
2. Founders need to have ability to tell stories.
3. Early employees should have co-founder skill: multiple hats, creativity, vision, etc But, not only for skills, not only A plus player, need another for chemistry.
4. Founders to have ‘Product-Market-Fit’.
5. How do you fight competition? Answer is to have ‘Capital’ to survive. All about ‘Network’.
6. Understanding the role of VC, and Startups.
7. Understanding the dynamics. (eg. after the pitch, we still need to do this)
Tomorrow, 15th of February: #StartupFire at 42
Startup Events in Silicon Valley
13 to 14th of February: Startup Grind
15th of February: #StartupFire at 42
16th of February: Startup & Investor Meetup (#StartupFire)
6th of March: Startup Pitching & Mentoring
12th of April: Startup World Cup US West Coast Regional
11th of May: Startup World Cup Grand Finale